Holy Ducklings

Friday, December 14, 2012

The Dream Playroom!

"Yes, we don't have a basement," is my reply to anyone that has been to my house for the first time. Actually, it's a cool Wizard of Oz type cellar...where you have to go outside to get down into.  My house was built in 1895...that's 17 years before the Titanic sank! Anyway, we remodeled the whole house, but neglected to add a basement...which would have been very spendy. I was just dreaming today what it would be like to have a basement with a playroom and a homeschool area. Here are my ideas....








Source: flickr.com via Jennifer on Pinteres


t



6 comments:

  1. Jennifer--nice to "meet" you! I just saw some cube shelves like that first picture today at Office Depot--they were not white--which I'd like, they were light brown, but still nice, about $150. It would look so nice in our playroom....Can't see hubby spending that much for a toyroom though!! Hahah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jamie--nice to meet you as well! Aren't these cube shelves wonderful...kind of expensive though! I also like the white:)God Bless!

      Delete
  2. What great room ideas for the children! I'm sure GOD will bless you with some of the ideas you see....thrift stores never cease to amaze! Bless you for homeschooling your children.....Merry Christmas to you and your family! Roxie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roxie...God works in ways like this all the time...especially for the essential things we need. You are right, thrift stores are great...and what a treasure hunt it is sometimes (I already found some vintage globes and school desks)! May God Bless you! Merry Christmas :) Jenny

      Delete
  3. Glad to find your blog! A friend of mine has that white cube shelf in both of her children's rooms. They were purchased from Ikea cheaply. I really like the lockers too. When you get a chance, please stop by our blog at www.homeschoolingtnt.Blogspot.com & say hi. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mara...thanks for the info. I would really like to have these, especially since one of my goals is to become more organized in the new year. I will definitely stop by and look at your blog. God Bless ~Jenny

      Delete