Holy Ducklings

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Choosing a Homeschool Curriculum

I'm getting there... our curriculum is almost set for my son's first year of kindergarten. Most of our materials are coming from Our Lady of Victory, living books (library picture books), and various materials that I've collected over the years. Here is the process I've followed to decide a curriculum. 

1. Decide what I wanted my children to learn in each subject. Label each page with a subject and write these     things down under each subject heading. For example, under RELIGION I wrote down The Ten Commandments and under SCIENCE I wrote down seasons.

2. Print off a calendar for each month of the school year. Write down basics for each week according to each subject. And then, print off weekly planner sheets to specifically plan for subjects each day.

3. Once your first week approaches, gather materials for first week of subjects. Make sure your weekly planner sheet is finalized and set for the week.

4. Have fun on your beautiful homeschool journey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment